Friday, July 23, 2010

Fair thee well


Last weekend we went to the annual carnival and street fair thrown by one of the churches in town. They had some rides, and they didn't let grownups on which meant that Henry couldn't go either. So that left me solo to go on the plane...


And the car...


And the purple Jeep!


After the rides, I tried a fishing game for kids that Mom helped me out with.


After I got the hang of it I tried fishing myself and did pretty good! But not as good as Mom, who played one of the grownup games where you have to knock all the bottles off a platform. She got it on the first try, and won me a purple dog that I named Courtney. I sleep with her every night!

Later on, we got to watch as they brought out a statue of the Virgin Mary, which they parade through the streets each year. There's a tradition where they put dollars and flowers on the statue as it goes by.

And of course, how could I forget to mention the funnel cake? At least that was something that Henry could enjoy too. Here's a video of our day:



(By the way, the title of this blog also refers to the fact that I keep misprouncing a line in "Polly Wolly Doodle," one of my favorite Dan Zanes songs. The line is "fare thee well," but whenever I sing along I keep saying "Ellie-well" instead.)

Have a great weekend!