Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ask Julia: 3/9/10

It's time for a new mailbag, and this time around I didn't even have to go begging for questions! I'll tackle my mail today, and Henry will answer his questions later in the week. First up is a question from Grandma:

What are your Leila Kellys?
Ah, someone was taking a look at my Twitter feed and saw me announce that I "hate" my Leila Kellys. I'm referring to a pair of shoes. Take a look:



Since this video, however, I've come back around, and have in fact worn my Leila Kellys a few times this week. So I guess I don't hate them after all.

Next up, several questions from Aunt Paula:

I really liked the video when you were drying your hair. Do you use the hair dryer on yourself each time you wash your hair?
That was the first and only time I used the hairdryer. After seeing Mom use it every morning, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

You got Henry such a nice pirate ship for Valentine's Day. Did he get you something? Are you letting him play with it?
You must be mistaken. That pirate ship is mine. At least, that is what I have convinced myself now. Both of us play with it and love it. But now that you mention it, Henry got me a bag of bracelets. I like them, but not as much as the pirate ship!

Are you getting any better at letting Henry in your fort, and letting him touch your things?
No, I still scream bloody murder anytime he crawls within a few yards of wherever I'm playing with my toys.

I just love all your school outfits. Do you ever wear that black and white headband you had on to school?
Thanks, but no, I think the only appropriate place to wear that headband would be at an '80s hairband concert.

I heard that you are taking dance lessons. What type of dance are you learning to do? Do you think you might get to be on Dancing with the Stars?
Mom and I have dance class every Saturday morning. We practice "night-night" toes (pointing) and "wakeup" toes (flexing), and also dance a little routine to "Jack and Jill." There's also dancing with scarves and hula hoops. But forget Dancing with the Stars; I want to dance in The Nutcracker!

That's it for the questions, so send me some more!