Thursday, May 27, 2010

One fine day, part 2


The best part of my birthday, without a doubt, was the big birthday party that Mom and Dad threw for me. Tons of friends and family showed up, though I was so tired out from playing with the balloons in the morning that I ended up napping for the first hour. No matter, because the party was in full swing by the time I emerged in the backyard, and discovered that there were so many things set up for me (and all the other kids) to play with.



Julia had fun too, making crafts.


I got to bond with friends and family I hadn't seen in far too long, like Uncle Ryan.


And look, a photo of me with Mom and Dad! You only see pictures of us together a couple times a year!


Then it was time for the birthday cakes.


Alec and Isabella's mom made these two delicious ice cream cakes at her Haagan-Dazs stores in New York City (and at the bottom you can see a special cake that Mom baked just for me). Here Julia and I are getting ready to be serenaded (even though it was my party, I said it was okay for everyone to sing "Happy Birthday" to Julia too).



After everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and "Mnohaya Lita," Julia and I blew out our candles.


Then, just like Julia did on her first birthday, Mom and Dad let me go to town on my special little birthday cake. At first I was tentative...


But before long I was making a big ol' mess!



I had never had tasted cake or frosting before, and it was delicious! And getting to make a big mess was great too!

Here's a video of all the fun from my birthday party:



And we're still not done! Check back tomorrow for some final birthday odds and ends.