Monday, May 17, 2010

Shrek Never After


Dad took me to my first movie on Saturday morning...and five minutes later, he took me out of my first movie. Let me explain: his work was having a special early screening of Shrek Forever After, and since I knew all the characters from watching the Shrek Christmas special on TV, he thought it would be a good first movie for me.

But we got stuck in traffic on our way there, so by the time we got to the screening room, it had already started. Plus, I had fallen asleep during the long wait in traffic, so I was really groggy. Then I was suddenly in a dark room with the movie playing on a BIG screen, and I had to put on this weird 3-D glasses and on the screen Shrek was screaming at someone, like this:


And...well, it was all too much for me. "I want to go home!" I told Dad. So we did. But first, we went out into the lobby so I could finish my popcorn (in a purple container). Now that I liked a lot!

Dad said if we hadn't been late and we had reached the theater before the lights went down so I could have had a chance to get my bearings, it would have gone much more smoothly. Oh well, the rest of my day went much better...but that story is for tomorrow!