Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sushi special


As I mentioned yesterday, all that Mom wanted for her birthday was to go out for sushi as a family. So we all visited the sushi restaurant that Mom and Dad get takeout from at least once a week. Henry and I had never been there before, and we really enjoyed it. When we sat down, they gave each of us a hot hand towel. How fancy!


I kept wiping my hands with mine, and came up with some other fun uses for it too.


Henry, meanwhile, was content to drink his water and suck on a lemon (just like I used to do!).


Mom had gotten us special chopsticks for kids, which I was playing with while we waited for our meal.


I quickly got the hang of it, and picked up my napkin with them as a test run.


Then it was finally time to eat. First up was shumai (dumplings)....


Mmmmm, delicious! I had some chicken satay as well, which I really enjoyed. Mom and Dad got me an avocado sushi roll to try, but I passed on that this time. I think trying two new dishes was enough for one meal!

Henry also figured out how to use his chopsticks.


But then he devised his own way of using them.


Here's a video of our first family sushi outing:



What a great meal! And this also marked the debut of photos and movies shot with Mom and Dad's new and improved iPhones. We'll still use the camcorder for most of the videos, but it's handy to have another option when we don't have the camcorder with us!