Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pool party


Mom, Dad, Henry and I all piled into the car on Saturday to spend the day at Grandma and Grandpa's and celebrate Grandma's birthday. This was the first trip to see them where I was awake in the car almost the whole time, in both directions. I never realized how long it took to get down there because I'm usually asleep, but I had no problems keeping myself occupied (largely by taking to Mom and Dad about Angelina Ballerina). While I loved spending time with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jess, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Paula, the highlight of the day for me was going in the swimming pool.


This is the very same pool that Dad, Aunt Jess and Uncle Ryan used when they were little! I spent more than two hours in here, and didn't even miss Mom and Dad, who were upstairs taking a three-hour nap. Here's what my first moments in the pool were like:



Thanks for holding on to the pool all these years, Grandma, because it was well worth it!

After I got out of the pool and dried off, there was plenty of other fun stuff to do, like go through the box of costume jewelry...


And hang out with Uncle Ryan...


Uncle Ryan also helped me go a little crazy with my princess stickers.


He told me when I turn 21, he'll take me to a tattoo parlor and make these things permanent, whatever that means. I did a lot of fun stuff with Uncle Ryan that day, from putting together a puzzle that Aunt Paula got me (with my name on it!) to my favorite activity with him: having him throw me up in the air. Take a look:



After all that excitement, it's no surprise that I conked out right before dinner.


You're probably wondering what Henry was up to all day while I was having all that fun. Well he had his own adventures, which he'll tell you all about tomorrow!