Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Julia's 10 resolutions for '10


Okay, now that Christmas is all done (I'm already talking about next Christmas!), it's time to make some resolutions for 2010. First, let's see how I did with my 2009 resolutions:

1) Become more self-sufficient. Check!
2) Learn to jump. Two-for-two. I'm going to ace this thing!
3) Say goodbye to my diapers. D'oh! I'm not potty-trained yet.
4) Say goodbye to my crib Done. This one was a snap.
5) Say goodbye to my pipa.
Darn it! Another no.
6) Get the people at Red Robin to clap-clap-clap for me on my birthday. This one wasn't as fun as I thought, but then again, I think I'd enjoy it a lot more this time around because I wouldn't be so nervous about all those people crowding around me.
7) Continue to be as adorable as I can. Of course!
8) Make the "terrible twos" not-so-terrible. I would say yes, but my frequent tantrums say otherwise. So this is a no.
9) Find out why Mom and Dad keep asking me if I want a brother. We all know the answer to this one now, so that's another yes.
10) Be a good sister, whatever that means. I'm a great sister, so at least we ended on a high note.

Okay, so I did 7 out of 10. As far as resolutions go, that's a pretty good percentage, but let's see if I can do even better this year with my 2010 resolutions:

1) No more diapers! I didn't pull this off last year, but Mom and Dad have been warning me that the potty-training starts soon (maybe even this weekend) so we're going to finally make it happen.

2) No more pipa! Here's another holdover from last year, and as much as I still love my pipas, even I am beginning to realize I'm getting old for them (which is why I always pull them out before I go to school, so my friends and teachers don't see). And Mom and Dad keep saying that when I turn 3, the pipa fairy will come and take all my pipas away. So my pipa days are numbered.

3) Learn to share with Henry. This will probably be the hardest resolution of them all this year. I've gotten great at sharing with my friends and cousins who come to visit and play with my toys, but I go apoplectic whenever Henry touches any of my stuff.

4) Ride a roller coaster with Dad. I cannot wait to do this. This is finally the year!

5) Eat lunch at school. One of the reasons I wanted a backpack for Christmas was so I could take my lunch to school. Some of the kids stay after school for a lunch session, and I'd like to try that myself. It doesn't have to be every single day, but I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

6) Dunk my head underwater. I really enjoy swimming, but this is one thing I haven't mastered yet. Let's see if I can pull it off this year.

7) Swap my car seat for a booster seat. I'm ready for a booster seat, so it's time to upgrade!

8) Learn ballet. If Angelina and Belinda (the main character in another line of books that I've recently fallen in love with) can do it, so can I!

9) Learn to ski. Come on, Dido, show me how it's done!

10) See a movie. I've started to watch a couple full-length movies at home (namely, Sleeping Beauty and Beauty & the Beast), plus I sat through The Nutcracker, so I think it's time to go to a movie theater and watch one there.

And that's it! I think it's a pretty good list. Henry will post his resolutions tomorrow, and then the competition will begin to see which of us do a better job completing our list in 2010!