Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wrapping up Christmas


At long last, this is our final Christmas post. It's been a long (and gift-filled!) journey, but we're almost at the finish line. Our relatives from Connecticut (and California!) came down to visit shortly after Christmas, and Henry and I really enjoyed spending time with (from left) Abby, Ava and Sophia.


It's been hard to tell from these photos, but our whole family was sick for much of the holiday. We were all sniffling and coughing as we opened our gifts, but Henry had it the worst. The day after Christmas, we found out that he had a double ear infection, and also had bronchiolitis, which required Mom and Dad to make him use a nebulizer four times a day for a full week to help improve his breathing. I don't know what he did to tick off Santa and cause the big guy to leave him such lousy presents under the tree!

And now that the holidays are almost done (Dad says the tree is going down very soon - sniff!), I wanted to share some of my favorite things from this holiday season. After several weeks of listening to Christmas music, watching holiday specials on TV and reading Christmas-themed books before going to bed each night, here are my favorites for Christmas '09:

Favorite Christmas songs: "Jingle Bells," "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (especially the Bruce Springsteen version), "Deck the Halls," "Up on the Housetop"



Favorite Christmas TV specials: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Shrek the Halls, A Sesame Street Christmas, Prep and Landing, NOT Rudolph

Favorite Christmas books: The Sweet Smell of Christmas, Olivia Helps With Christmas, Merry Christmas, Curious George!, Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas, 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, Santa Mouse

And let's close with a video of a game that my family played during the holidays. It started one day when I saw Mom and Dad kissing Henry under the mistletoe, and I whined because I wasn't included. So they picked me up and all four of us danced and kissed under the mistletoe. Since then, I've enjoyed having us all recreate the moment, where I pretend to be upset—and then we all celebrate under the mistletoe. Here's a quick look at that:



Now that we've put a bow on Christmas '09, it's time to get to those 2010 resolutions. Check back tomorrow for those!