Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter's on its way


We did a lot on Saturday to get ready for Easter. We went to the park, where they were having a huge Easter egg hunt. And who did I run into but my friend Nia! We said hi to the Easter bunny, then we headed over to the bouncy castle, which was a scream:



As for the Easter egg hunt itself, well, it was way too crowded for my taste. I didn't like it as much as the one Mom set up for me in the backyard. But then again, it introduced me to Tootsie Rolls, which are delicious!

After the Easter egg hunt, we went to Babcia and Dido's Ukrainian church for the annual blessing of the baskets.


It was very stuffy (one of the people there fainted and that's all I talked about for the rest of the day), but we all enjoyed introducing Henry to our annual Easter weekend tradition. And the priest sprinkled me with holy water while he was blessing the baskets!


Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about how we spent Easter Sunday!