Monday, January 9, 2012

Family circus


Last month, Mom and Dad took Julia and I into New York City to see our very first circus, the Big Apple Circus. It's held in an enormous tent that's set up in Lincoln Center. On our way in, we saw a scary yeti!


Oh wait, that was just Julia. Then we got seated and waited for the show to begin.



The popcorn was great, but the show was even better. Horses and acrobats and cars...oh my! I got antsy a couple times and needed to take a break outside, but thankfully I was back in time for the big trapeze finale. I loved watching everyone fly through the air, and especially when they fell down into the net below. That was the best part. Julia was stunned when the little girl they pulled out of the audience early in the show ended up swinging on the trapeze (she was part of the act).

After the show ended, we were in for more treats. First off, Mom and Julia posed in front the Lincoln Center fountain.



Then we went over to Rockefeller Center and checked out the humongous Christmas tree.


And finally, we popped into the New York Fire Department Store, where they have a real fire truck that I was able to "drive."


What a spectacular day!