Friday, December 18, 2009

Ask Julia & Henry: 12/18/09

It's been a looooooong time since Julia and I first asked for a fresh round of Ask Julia & Henry questions, but at long last, we finally have a few questions in our inbox. First up was this quick question that Mom had for me:

Mommy wants to know why you tolerate wearing pink bibs.
When you drool as much as I do, and soak through three to four bibs a day, you have to learn not to be picky about what color bibs you're wearing. Because the alternative is to go bib-less and be stuck with a wet shirt all day, and I sure don't want that!

Aunt Paula send a bunch of questions in. First up, the Henry questions:

You sit up so good. Have you made any attempts to crawl?
I'm getting close. Mom and Dad think that I'll be mobile in another month or so. I do a bit of shimmying around right now on my tummy, so it's only a matter of time before I figure it out.

Do you think that once you do that Julia's toys will be at risk?
Heck, yes! And I think that's when the honeymoon officially ends between us, because my big sister does not like to share her stuff!

I asked a question a few months ago about never seeing you in shoes. I see that you are now wearing them. Have you tried to take them off yet?
Take them off? No. But I sure to love putting them in my mouth when I'm wearing them. It's fun being so flexible!

Do you think that you might be going to see Santa?
I don't think so. I wasn't around when Julia went a few weeks ago, and I don't think our paths will cross until he visits on Christmas Eve.

What is the next new food that you will be trying out?
I try something new every few days, now that I've moved up to Stage 2 foods. On the menu this week: butternut squash, raspberries and mango.

And I'll pass the baton to Julia to tackle the rest of Aunt Paula's questions:

I love your new coat, hat, and scarf. You look adorable. Did you pick it out yourself?
Thanks, but all the credit goes to my personal stylist, Mom, who always makes sure that I'm impeccably dressed and that whenever I grow into a bigger size, there are always an array of suitable (and super-cute) outfits waiting for me.

Do you have a list ready for Santa the next time you see him?
I don't have a list yet, but I always make sure go through all the catalogs that arrive in the mail, point to items on each page and announce that "Santa will buy me this, and this, and this..." Does that count?

What are you learning in school?
So many things. Every day I sing new songs, and I've been saying "thank you" to Mom and Dad alot, which I also picked up there. On Tuesday, Mom and Dad have a parent-teacher conference with my teacher, and I'm sure she'll tell them how I'm one of the best students ever!

Do you get off for the holidays?
Yes, I'll be off for a little over a week.

Are going to go see the tree in NYC?
I don't think so, I'm sad to say. It doesn't help that Henry and I are both congested again (we can't stay healthy for more than a week, it seems!), which makes it even less likely that Mom and Dad will cart us around outside in the cold.

Do think you are going to get your own makeup bag for Christmas?
No, because I already have one: Mom's!

And that wraps up another mailbag. As always, we'd love to hear your questions, so send them to us, and hopefully we can do another Ask Julia & Henry column shortly after the new year without having to beg you guys for questions.