Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tree's company


We have much more to share from our Thanksgiving weekend, but now that it's officially December, Henry and I are skipping ahead to the good stuff that happened after we got home. I've mentioned before that for the past six months, I've been accusing Dad of taking the Christmas tree away, and he would always reply by telling me that when Christmas time came around again, he'd bring the tree back out.

Well, when I woke up Sunday morning after we got home, guess what I saw!


The tree! With fun new ornaments!


And a nutcracker for me to play with! (Have I mentioned how much I like watching the Nutcracker Ballet? Mom and Bobbi are taking me to see it this weekend!)


And new stockings for the whole family, with our names on them. My stocking has a pretty ballerina on it, of course.

Here's a video of my reaction when I came down that morning. I see the nutcracker right away; it takes a few moments before I spot the tree. And I immediately ask about the mermaid ornament that we bought during our Wildwood vacation, which Dad promised to put on the tree when he brought it back out.



You're probably wondering what Henry thought of the tree. Well, he really liked it too!


Of course, he wasn't quite as taken with it as I was (then again, even last year, when I first saw the tree, I said "No!", turned around and walked out of the room). Here's the video of his first look at it.



I'm in the Christmas spirit already. Just 24 days to go until the big day!