Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hip, hip...parade!


I bolted from the fireworks display Mom and Babcia took me to after just a couple minutes, but I happily stayed for the entire Independence Day parade, which was actually held on July 5 this year.

I was reunited with my friend Dora, after the Dora that I got at last year's parade met an untimely demise last fall. I was very happy to see her again!


Henry still has to learn that waving the flag is not the same as eating the flag!


The parade was loooooong, with several gaps where nothing was going on, so Henry and I amused ourselves.


Between the heat and the long morning, Henry eventually drifted off to sleep.


Babcia and Dido came to watch the parade with us (along with Jonathan and Saffron, who got sleepy too and left part of the way through).



Thanks for taking us to the parade, Mom! It was even more fun than last year's!


After the parade, we went to the park for activities and food. I went on the bouncy castle twice, and Henry had almost as much fun watching me through the window of the bouncy castle as Dad "bounced" him too.

Here's a video of us at the parade. Because of the heat, we're not as animated as usual, but you'll see me perk up when Spider-Man makes his way down the street (I loved seeing him last year too).



Until next year's parade!