Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Girl gone Wildwood, on the beach


Henry was still too little to go on the beach, so he stayed behind in the hotel while I went off to the beach. I would only be there for an hour or so every day before heading back to the hotel pool, but I made the most of my time. Take a look at some of my beach photos:


It was Dad's first time on the beach with me, so I was able to convince him to do a lot of things for me, like draw my name in the sand.


I really loved playing with my beach toys.


I made Dad and Mom dig me a hole so I could stand in it.


And then I made them ferry water back and forth from the ocean so I could fill the hole up and splash around in it.


I also enjoyed chasing the seagulls around...and feeding them my Cheerios.


I attracted so many hungry seagulls that Dad was worried it was going to turn into a scene from The Birds.


We did get Henry out on the beach one day for a family photo, but as you saw in Monday's post, getting all of us to smile in the hot sun was easier said than done.


Even though I'm still a bit afraid of the ocean (I like the pool much better, though I liked it when Dad would lift me up and swing my legs in the water to make big splashes), I really do love the beach!