Thursday, November 3, 2011

Deep in the heart of Texas


Julia and I had such a great time in Texas for our cousin Diana's wedding. We'll save the big wedding post for tomorrow, and today I'll talk about the non-wedding stuff we did that weekend. First off, we got up bright and early Friday morning for the plane trip down to Houston. I didn't love flying the last time I was in an airplane, but this time was great. Largely because the inflight movie in both directions was one of my favorites: Cars 2. I didn't move the whole trip!

That night, we went to the rehearsal, where Julia and I practiced walking down the aisle, and then we went to the rehearsal dinner.


It was great! The next day was the wedding, but it wasn't until later that afternoon, so we took a dip in the pool and saw a big dragon racing festival that was going on outside our hotel. Then we went to this yummy cupcake place, where as you can see, I really enjoyed my cupcake!


After that, I was ready for a nap.


Yeah, this is the life! Julia, meanwhile, headed up to the bridal suite to get her hair and makeup done with the rest of the wedding party.



Here's a look at some of our non-wedding activities.



Tomorrow: we've got all the wedding photos for you. See you then.