Monday, March 15, 2010

Ask Henry: 3/15/10


Hi there! I really love hanging out at Julia's kitchen - in fact, I spend more time there these days than my sister does. It's the perfect size for me!

Anyway, Julia answered a bunch of questions last week, and now it's my turn. All my questions come from Aunt Paula.

Henry, you sure are a daredevil. Have you tried crawling up the steps yet?

Sure have. In fact, I heard Dad say "bath" the other day and got so excited I climbed all the way upstairs (don't worry, Dad was right behind me, spotting me) and headed straight for the bathtub. I really love bathtime. I'll be sure to post video of my stair-climbing expertise soon.

I really haven't seen you walk around the furniture. Are you doing that yet? Have you tried to take a step without holding on?
Yes, and yes. I'm really good at standing up, grabbing on to the couch or a another long object, and shimmying my way all the way across. And Dad spotted me standing without holding on to anything for a few seconds. Trust me, I'll be walking long before my sister did!

How many teeth do you have now? Are you into biting yet?
As I answer this on Saturday, I have four teeth all on the bottom, and overnight I finally got two teeth on top. But the doctor told me a few days ago that I have two more teeth on top that are going to break through any moment. In other words, by the time you're actually reading this, I very well might have more than six teeth! And no biting yet, just teething.

It sure looked like you had fun on your sled. I heard you got a lot of snow. Do you think that you will be sledding anytime soon?
Almost all the snow has melted now, so unless we get one last snowstorm, I'm going to have to wait until next winter.

I heard you say DADA. Did I miss the video of you saying Mama?
There was no video, though I do say that word, and Mom has even heard me say it. But these days, my big word is "Baba." Don't ask me if I'm really saying "Babcia," because I won't tell!

What do you call Julia?
Nothing yet, but Mom and Dad are really curious to hear what name I come up with for her.

I liked that chicken leg you were eating. Are you into eating chicken wings? I sure hope not.
I haven't eaten chicken wings, but like anything else, if it fits in my mouth, I'm going to try and put it in there.

You are sure one fashion plate. So is Julia. Do you think that you might get to be in People like Suri?
Sorry, I'm allergic to the paparazzi. Mom and Dad are invasive enough with the camera, I don't need anyone else taking my picture!

That's it. Got any other questions for me? Send them my way!