Friday, April 23, 2010

Dan the man


I had a real treat last weekend, when Dad took me to my first-ever concert: a performance by Dan Zanes & Friends. I've been listening to Dan Zanes for a year now, and his songs are so much fun!

We saw him at the same theatre where Mom and Babcia took me to see The Nutcracker back in December. Our seats were great, in the third row.


You can see me holding the earmuffs that Mom and Dad got for me, to help protect my ears in case the music was too loud. Here's a video of how I reacted when Dad gave them to me at home the morning of the show.



The concert was great. He sang some of my favorite songs, including "Malti" and "All Around the Kitchen." (No "Bushel and a Peck," alas.) After the show, Dad took me to say hello to Dan.


Dad told me that I was very excited to see that he wore in a purple vest because I love purple so much. And Dad told me that his favorite colors are purple and orange! Then he signed my ticket.


That was very nice of him. I was thrilled to show off my special souvenir!


I had so much fun that I told Dad I want to see him again soon. And it just so happens that he's going to be appearing at Sesame Place in June. Can you imagine: my favorite singer at my favorite place? It's going to be the best day ever!