Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hilton Head of the class, part 1


So it's finally time for me to tell you all about my trip with Dad to Hilton Head, S.C. We'll get to the main event - the wedding - tomorrow. Today, we'll talk a bit about all the fun I had on the beach and in the pools (that's right, I said pools: our hotel had three of them!).

Our hotel looked out right onto the beach, which made getting there a snap!


I kept Dad busy going back and forth to the ocean to fill up my beach buckets with water, while Grandma and I worked to build sandcastles.



Pretty nice work, huh? I have to give all the credit to Grandma.


But it was so hot that after playing in the sand for a bit, I was ready for a dip in the pool, so we would head over there.


Sometimes I wore my floaties, sometimes I used my Nemo inner tube and other times Dad just carried me around the water.




We had a great time. Dad would spin me around in the water and I'd make waves with my legs, he'd lift me up high in the air, I'd climb the ladder out of the pool and jump back into Dad's arms...there was lots of splishing and splashing!


When he was done napping on the beach, Grandpa would join us too.


I sure did love swimming in those pools!


But I wasn't just there to swim...we had a wedding to attend. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.