Monday, June 13, 2011

Post-preschool


As of last Friday, I am officially done with preschool. Next up is pre-K. Last week, we held a special celebration where we marched and sang songs for our families (Mon, Dad, Babcia, Dido, Grandma, Grandpa and Henry were all there to cheer me on). As was the case last year, I got to be one of the leaders and hold the flag as we marched, said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang "Grand Old Flag."



After that, we sang several more songs, including "Getting to Know You" and "Oh What a Miracle am I." We tried to whistle at one point, though as my teacher pointed out, I'm one of the only kids who can actually whistle.





After the concert was done, we had snacks and I posed with my friends Isabella and Jasmine.


Henry, meanwhile, went straight to his favorite spot at my school: the sandbox.


I think we all know where he'll be spending most of his time next year when he goes to nursery school!

Here's a video of highlights from our celebration (and in case you were wondering, the energetic boy next to me is named Jack).



I'll miss preschool, but I'm already so excited for pre-K!