Friday, July 31, 2009

Zoo story


I've been asking Mom to take me back to the zoo ever since I went recently with Bobbi and Dido. So last weekend, Mom, Dad, Henry and I drove into the city (Henry's first trip to NYC!) and we all went to the Central Park Zoo.

I went last year and saw the penguins, polar bears and sea lions. It was fun seeing them all again this year (along with the snow leopard), but the big thrill this time around was going to the Tisch Children's Zoo next door, which is a petting zoo with all my favorite animals from Pauline's farm, like goats and sheep!


I had a blast feeding them. Notice how my mouth is open wide? I unconsciously made that face every time I fed one of them. Here's a video of all the feeding fun:



The fun didn't stop there. I also got to see what I'd look like as a turtle...



And a bunny rabbit!


Pretty cute, right?

Henry didn't have as much fun as I did, but he was very good most of the day there. Either Mom or Dad would take me around to see the animals, and the other one would stay with Henry. I think he'll like the zoo a lot more next summer!

I should also mention that Dad took me to my first baseball game last night (no pictures, unfortunately). We saw the New Jersey Jackals, who play a few minutes away from home. What a great night! I was semi-interested in the game and watching the men hit the ball and run around, but I absolutely loved all the fun stuff they did between innings, like group dances and on-field races between the ketchup and mustard. I ate a soft pretzel and best of all, saw the Jackal mascot and gave him five! I hope we go back again soon.

I'm super-excited that it's Friday, because Grandma and Grandpa are coming to visit all weekend. Hope your weekend is great too!