Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Place?


Dad certainly saved the best for last during his paternity leave! A week ago today, he and Grandpa took me to Sesame Place. That was the big surprise he kept talking about. Yippee!! Despite waking up at Grandma and Grandpa's house that morning with a flat tire, Dad somehow got it fixed and got us on the road in time for breakfast with Elmo and some other Sesame Street pals. This year, I was most interested in spending time with Zoe.


I made sure that I hugged her three separate times during breakfast. Then we went out to the park and started to go on the rides. Grandpa took me on the carousel...


And Dad took me on the Blast Off ride I went on last year. This year it was even better!


Then, all three of us took to the sky for Big Bird's Balloon Race.


And what Sesame Place visit would be complete without spending some time with Abby Cadabby?


We also took in the parade...


This was basically the expression on my face all day long:



Here's a video of some of the day's highlights.



The only thing I was upset about was that it was too overcast and cool to go on any of the water rides. I kept talking about that all day, how I wanted to get wet and splash everyone. But Dad promised we'll go back later in the summer and go on the water rides, so you can be sure I'll make him keep his word! Otherwise, it was a perfect day. I just wish Mom and Grandma had been there too!