Friday, June 19, 2009

Party of one


I realize I've been hogging most of the blog posts this week, but I'm getting a bit restless. I still love Henry, but why does Mom need to be with him all the time? Especially after my nap, I just want to snuggle with her and want her to put Henry down! Since Mom's been home, I've gotten much more clingy — hey, if she's going to be home all the time, then I'm going to take advantage of it!

But while I love being near Mom, I've also become an expert at amusing myself, especially with all the rain we've been having that has trapped us indoors. I can play with my toys and dolls alone for hours. Take a look:



And that's not the only way I can entertain myself. Sometimes I do things that I know I'm not supposed to.


And as proof of what can happen when I'm left to my own devices, I've also developed a crush on two of the "bad boys" of the TV shows I watch. I already told you about Norman from Fireman Sam, but I also have a thing for Sammy, who is one of the mice who likes to makes trouble on Angelina Ballerina.


Maybe it's because they're both fond of wearing this pageboy cap, but Mom and Dad worry about whether this "bad boy" fascination is a sign of things to come when I get older!

I'm growing up in other ways as well. Now I'm only eating part-time in my highchair, preferring to use a booster seat much of the time.


In that photo I was being silly by wearing a bib and no shirt, but much of the time now I'm not wearing a bib when I eat. And as long as I can prove to Mom and Dad that I can eat without making too much of a mess, I hope the bib stays off for good!